Friday, March 19, 2010

Goin goin back back....

I'm slightly late on this....but we are back in CALIFORNIA! The kids and I have been staying at my mom and dad's place for over a month now. Mom, the kids and I drove 3 days in the truck to get here. As much as I want to say the drive was aweful...it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Matthew was the hardest to get to settle down sometimes. Claira got upset when she was hungry, and towards the end of the day. All in all it went ok..however, my mother would prefer NOT taking a long trip like that with the kids for a long time.=)
The kids miss their daddy of course, and so do I but we have all been doing pretty dang well I would say. Josh just graduated from his school in Texas. He just got back to our house on base in Louisiana today. The plan is for me to fly out to Louisiana April 20th. Then we will finish up Josh's out processing and get on the road (just the two of us), heading back to California.
Claira is seven months as of yesterday. She is eating like crazy these days. Enjoying just about everything as far baby food goes. She just about has crawling down...but still prefers "low crawling" lol. She is doing really well at sitting up, although she still cant do it for really long periods of time, and cannot get into a sitting position from laying down yet.Her favorite babbling sounds are "dada" and "baba." I cannot wait for Josh to see how big she has gottin<3

The boys are having a blast being able to go outside and run a muck. Here they are in the backyard eating sandwhiches. It was still pretty cold when we first got here, but lately its been so warm and sunny. We are loving it.
Besides catching up with old friends, enjoying family, getting tattood, and just plain enjoying being home I am looking for a place to live for my family. We are moving to Simi Valley, California in May.So far after checking out Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks last week, I love it there! Good weather, clean place, good shopping, hiking, great schools...a not bad place to be for the next 4 years I say. I had the chance to look at some homes while visiting and so far there is one house in particular that I think would be a good fit for us. Good size backyard and front yard, decent size house for the 5 of us. Hoping it works out. I know we will find the right place for us. I'm just trying to be patient.

Had  the chance to check out my sister's new place in Santa Monica last week as well. She's got this big ass cactus in their front yard. She loved the place right away after seeing this. The whole place reminds me of my grandparents house in Redlands from when we were little. Minus the cactus.

Working on going back out there in the next week or so to go bike riding and hanging out at the beach. Oh and have I mentioned she's only 35 to 40 min away from Simi Valley? Love it. Now if I could just get my other sister Kristy to move close! Oh and my mom REALLLLY loves it there..so maybe maybe we can get them all out that way as well. <3

No comments: