Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just for the heck of it...

A little end of weekend and mid week re-cap. The husband and I made our little family some black bean and avocado burritos, and spinach salad for dinner Sunday, so good. I've been really excited that my kids have embraced spinach and yes we have completely introduced, and used Popeye as a way to help with that (no shame). Earlier in day I did a little "mommy time" and went shopping in Thousand Oaks, where all I did was find some shoes for school (boring all white), and long sleeve white shirts for under my scrubs (because of my tattoos) saw that coming, lol. Ended my shopping day by doing some grocery shopping for the family at TJ's.
I've been down in the dumps lately due to my laparoscopy surgery, but since then have been feeling SO much better. More energized, which means not feeling so depressed due to being so lethargic, therefor eating better, therefor losing a little weight already. So yay for me! haha. Much needed I'm telling you. I've just been feeling so gross lately from being all bloated and nasty from the surgery.
I also saw my Primary Dr. yesterday where she let me know my O.B. Dr. removed some cysts from my ovaries. So hopefully that helps some with the pain. She also did a butt load of blood work to check my thyroid levels. Its all good things I see, and I'm feeling like I'm in a much better place than I was a month or two ago.
After my appointment and nasty blood work, I headed over to the Farmers Market where I picked us up some Tamales and gluten free Coconut Macaroons (delicious!). Today will be spent playing with the kids, doing laundry, and packing us up for a 4 day weekend in the High Desert. I've also got school orientation on the 1st! Eeeek!
Baby girl chomping down on her spinach.
                              
Our lovely Sunday dinner. (Go Red Sox!) <3
Sunday shopping, perfect California weather.
Daytime snacks! Trying to be good!
Treats from Trader Joe's. Gotta mix it up. =)       

4 comments:

Delane said...

Love the pix

Megan_Marie said...

Thank you! <3

Aoife said...

That salad looks so delicious!

Ashley Marie said...

been there and done that, every employer I've had has made me cover my arms. bleh!

any chance you would go into detail about the tacos? I'm looking for new quick weeknight recipes and those look AMAZING.

-Ashley Marie
www.chickadette.blogspot.com