Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Certified!

For those who don't know my husband is in the Air Force, and for the last year he took on a special duty job of Recruiting. This basically means he's been in the Air Force long enough and did well enough to take on a Special Duty job, which he picked Recruiting. Its not an easy job what so ever, and not the most ideal BUT it was a way for us to come home to California after living away for so long. We wanted our kids to be able to live near family. My kids are so incredibly close with my parents. Plus, its a 4 year job of NO deployments. So when we found out that we were being stationed to Simi Valley, Ca......only an hour and forty five min away from my folks, I was so excited.
Okay so point of this post is after a year of recruiting my husband has finally been certified! For training purposes after tech school they make them recruit for a year before being completely certified. So I'm dang proud of him because the first 6 months was extremely hard on him because he was being trained, and in the middle of it we were dealing with out youngest daughter being very sick. I'm so happy to see where he is at and going in his military career. He has grown so much as a person and despite his job being hard he still does what he needs to do to make us as a family feel we are still number one. Now he can concentrate even more on his actual schooling, because he has grand plans.

We decided to celebrate over lunch. Silly face! Love him<3
And to end the evening after dinner at 'The Habit' Jacob kicking his daddy's butt at a racing game. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell him we said congrats! I'm so happy that things are working out for you guys =]

Delane said...

Congrats

Adriana said...

congrats! thats awesome!