Thursday, June 16, 2011

M.I.A. and iPhone pic updates

A bit of M.I.A. for good and bad reasons. Good reason...I was on vacation with my whole family in Lake Havasu Arizona. I used to go when I was younger every summer and finally had the opportunity to take my husband for the first time, along with our kiddos. We got back Tuesday evening, 4 days earlier than we wanted only because I had surgery Wed morning. That would be the bad.
I had my second laparoscopy done, because of my endometriosis. They also found some more cysts, bleh. My first laparoscopy was done about 5 years ago and since then my pain just hasn't seemed to go away even after having 3 children. I'd like to note that I was so blessed and lucky to have my kids, I know, especially since more often than not it can cause infertility. So despite the odds, and what Dr's told me in the past I was blessed with 3 amazing children. Now that I am done, we are looking into more treatments since I cant seem to shake the pain.
I've began changing my diet more because there is obvious truth in what foods can do, and how they react with endometriosis patients. One major thing I've found difficult is taking out caffeine....and my beer:( So I've limited myself, along with trying to drink more water, take out red meats, some wheat, dairy and just plain fattening foods.
Any woo, the surgery is over and I am stuck at home in MAJOR pain! Much more than my first surgery. I was also cut in 3 spots this time. Hopefully in two weeks when I see my Dr. we will have a better idea on what we would like to do, if anything. I guess he sent something he cut out to the labs...not sure what that's about. I also need to be tested for hypothyroidism apparently. Ugh, more tests! Despite the pain, I am glad its over.
I will end this blog with some iPhone pic updates until I get around to editing my photos from the trip<3









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* Stay strong Mama. I can't believe all that you've been through. I hope you feel better soon.

Megan_Marie said...

Thanks so much darling! Just a little bump in the road:)

Lindsey said...

Praying for you! Have you looked into alternative treatments?