Friday, January 22, 2010

2009 Came and Went...

The last time I posted something the boys and I were living in California while Josh was deployed. I had no clue at the time that August of 2009 would bring me another wonderful baby...and a girl at that. 2009 came and went really fast for us as a family. We moved back to Louisiana in January, and I started a new semester at BPCC. I did really well with my classes and decided to get a summer class in before our little lady got here in August. Along with all the excitement of bringing in a new bundle of joy into this world, Josh also found out his recruiting package was excepted and we were moving back to California....sooner rather than later. Our new home as of May 2010 will be Simi Valley, Ca.


Claira Marie Cardenas was born August 18. She was perfect and healthy, and I had the best birth with her out of all three of the kids.She is thriving so well, and has such a sweet personality. Its been so much fun having girl stuff around the house. The boys are completely in love with her, and are always wanting to make her happy. I have also seen a change in Josh. Those two have such an intense bond. She has become such a daddies girl.

Another wonderful thing that was brought our way since moving back here is Jacob was put into speech. He started just a few months before he turned 3, and was tested a full year and 10 months behind.I say this was all wonderful because back home in Ca I was not getting the response I wanted about his speech as I did here. I knew he was behind, but it was still hard to have it broken down to me in that way. He has his days, but for the most part he has been trying so hard and is doing so amazing. He was tested again about a month ago on his development since then and he is now around 5 months behind they say. He still has some articulation issues in which we may have to address even further. We also had Jacob start pre school which he has been loving, and continues to see his speech therapist at his school.That has made it easier on me as well.

Matthew is my non stop boy. Always on the go, and so eager to learn. He feeds off Jake and wants to do the things his brother is doing. So if Jake sings his abc's and twinke twinke....then Matt will be singing it as well. Its adorable.Matthew's first words were "Sponge Bob", and "Stop It." Leave it to him to not just say a single word but two words.


It seems as though 2009 went by SO fast. It really was filled with great times though. Both of my sisters were able to come out and visit at two seperate times. Whitney came out in the summer time with my mom, and we had a wonderful time.We went to a few different places while they were here but mainly just enjoyed eachother, and hung out at the pool a few times. I of course was getting larger by the minute with my ever growing belly.
Then Kristy came out to meet up with Mom in August, for the arrival of Little Miss Claira.As much as I couldn't do a ton of going out I still really enjoyed their company and was SO greatful to have family here. It was especially hard to see them leave, because we knew we weren't going home for Christmas this year.


Earlier in the year I had a visit from my aunt & uncle as well, as they were passing through. They take road trips as often as they can and were on their way to New Orleans (jealous). My mother COULD of gone with them, but was SO nice to stay here and watch the kids so Josh & I could have a night to stay in Dallas over night to see No Doubt in concert. Where we also got to eat at a nice cajun place...it wasn't New Orleans, but it was pretty damn good.


Mardi Gras Bowl. Yummmmy!


Here with my aunt Rayna & Uncle Ross, along with my mom.<3

One of the sweetest things that happened to me this year was when my friends Kyleigh and Megan put on a surprise baby shower for me! I hadn't planned on having one, and was completely surprised when they did this for me.Josh didn't even know about it! I should also mention that they were both pregnant as well. We all were within weeks of eachother. We even had the SAME ob dr. The whole office and nurses knew us, and it just made the whole process so much more fun, and was an experience not many go through with their good friends.<3


Here we all are at my baby shower. So much fun! We were getting pretty huge! haha.
If that wasn't enough this last November we all got together to celebrate my 27th birthday along with celebrating our now, NOT being pregnant anymore.The night consisted of a girls dinner, meeting up with the guys at a bar, then hitting up a club....a special club, lol. Had a great time.Oh and did I mention some mustache tattoos were thrown in there as well. Bestie tats.


The stach tat...along with my short time with blonde hair. It was pretty hot if I may say.


Kayleigh & I at Chilis...having our margaritas. My first one since having Claira.


Kyleigh & Megan having their margaritas as well.


The three of us ladies.Mama of two on each side and a mama of 3 in the middle.<3

One of Josh's biggest accomplishments during 2009 was passing ALS (Airmen Leadership School). It was 5 weeks long, and was an extremely rough time for him. He doubted himself some, but in the end he did so well. Our friends and family all knew he could do it, and were all so proud of him. For his graduation dinner we got to get dressed up, and had a nice dinner with all his peers. It was a nice night, especially since Josh and I rarely get to go out with out the kids.


My handsome husband & I at his ALS Graduation.
One week later it was Christmas. Josh & I made a ham, and enjoyed the day with just our little family. The kids were spoiled with gifts of course.Over all a good holiday.




Baking cookies this year with the kids was so much fun! They all really enjoyed it.


Slightly spoiled Christmas morning.


A disturbing picture of Josh eating a rather large piece of the Ham he made.


Claira & her first barbie doll. 2009 coll. addition.

Well 2009 came and went, and here we are 5 days away from Josh leaving to Texas for his recruiting school. His school will be 2 months long, and he is getting pretty excited and nervous as well. He really hates being away from the kids for so long. My folks are driving out here next month, so they can drive back to CA with the kids and I. So they are opening up their home once again for the kids and I while Josh goes to school. After he returns back here he still needs to do all his out processing and get the house ready for TMO to pack things up and get em out of here. The plan is for me to fly out here in April, with out the kids. Help Josh out with some things, then have us drive our second car back to CA together. We are actually looking forward to a drive back...with out the children. I will be so happy to get them there next month.

February is going to be a busy month for us. My folks will be here by the 10th. My friend Megan Clark is getting married on the 13th and I am a bridesmaid! So excited for her! Its going to be this amazing punk rock/rock & roll wedding. They are going all out. Its also going to be the last full day that I will be here before moving. We are heading out early on the 14th. I shall be spending Valentines Day on the road with my folks and kids. Then two days later I will be on the road on mine and Josh's 5th wedding anniversary.We of course don't want to be spending that day apart, but such is life.We will all be back together again soon.

2010 is going to be full of lots of changes and I am ready for those changes for my family and I.<3

No comments: